Cancer Immunology and Immunotherapy: Building on Success
The Center for Cancer Research at the National Cancer Institute is hosting a 2-day national symposium entitled "Cancer Immunology and Immunotherapy: Building on Success." This NCI-sponsored conference, organized by Steven Rosenberg, will host leaders in the field of cancer immunology and immunotherapy. The program this year includes recent advances in both translational and clinical research, and should be an exciting forum for discussion and debate on immunologic approaches to prevent and treat cancer.
Learn about the latest findings from experts in the field:
* T cell transfer immunotherapy: Malcolm Brenner, Patrick Hwu, Nicholas Restifo, Steven Rosenberg, Jacob Schachter, Ton Schumacher
* Immunotherapy based on genetic engineering of lymphocytes: Michael Jensen, Carl June, Jeffrey Miller, Antonio Ribas, Stanley Riddell, Michel Sadelain
* Vaccine-based therapies: Jay Berzofsky, Mary Disis, Cornelius Melief, Jeffrey Schlom
* Transplantation-based therapies: Catherine Bollard, Daniel Fowler, Ronald Gress, Crystal Mackall, Marcel van den Brink
* Immune-modulatory approaches: Ira Pastan, Suzanne Topalian, Thomas Waldmann, Jedd Wolchok
Registration is free, but seating is limited so be sure to register early!
The deadline for abstract submission is August 1, 2011. Online registration and instructions for abstract submission can be found at: http://web.ncifcrf.gov/events/Immunotherapy2011/
Download and print a conference flyer at: http://web.ncifcrf.gov/events/Immunotherapy2011/flyer.pdf.
Please mark September 22-23, 2011 on your calendar for this exciting event, and forward this email to colleagues. For conference-related questions, please contact Karen Kochersberger at 301-228-4027 or firstname.lastname@example.org .